When Moving House 10 Mistakes to Avoid
Moving to your new home can be what you’ve desired for a long time. You might be moving to an avenue you’ve always dreamed of living on, or perhaps a house with a garden big enough for your ambitions. It’s one of the many great opportunities in life.
Moving home is believed to be one of the most stressful things you can do. If everything goes according to plan, you’ll be exhausted but happy. If things do not go according to plan, it can get your adventure in your new residence off to the wrong start. Our staff strive to make things perfect for you.
Mistake 3 – You don’t tell the right people that you’re moving.
You probably told all your neighbors that you were moving, and you may be at the stage of acquiring I ‘m Moving cards for friends. But you still have a long way to go before you actually move. Have you taken care of changing your television licence address? How about your gas? Electrical-power? Your financial institution? What about the Inland Revenue?
You’ll need to notify a list of companies regarding yourhome move.
- The Post Office, so as to schedule a letter-redirect service to your new home.
- The utilities company, gas, electricity, water, telephone, and Internet.
- Your bank, building society, pension provider, and any organizations with which you have a financial relationship.
- Inland Revenue has a listing of offices at https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/.
- Your local council in order to be discharged from the council tax payment at your old home and start paying at your new home.
- Your children’s schools.
- As a car driver, you need to tell DVLA about your move so that you can renew your driver’s license and vehicle registration documents.
Take a few minutes to take advantage of your list now. Set a reminder in your calendar or on your cell phone and device to inform each person whose contact number you have that you are going to relocate at least two weeks before your move.
If in any doubts about how your preparations are going, call Funnell’s Removals & Storage Ltd on 01737 350573